Continuous positive airway pressure or CPAP is a pretty common form of treatment for the people suffering from sleep apnea. It is basically for those people that have some kind of obstruction during their sleep, and are unable to sleep properly. So, what this machine includes is a supply of steady and constant air pressure, and it looks somewhat like a mask from a fighter jet. Well, leaving aside the contraption, it will be able to deal with the problem or sleep apnea, ensuring that people can get a few hours of sleep on a daily basis.
However, you have to know that if the CPAP machine does not work for you, there are several other options. Such options will definitely be dictated to you by your doctor as and when it seems feasible. There is no hard and fast rule for you to actually go for the purchase of CPAP machines, rather you need to place your trust on your doctor and go according to his deductions. However, as of now, CPAP machines happen to be the front-runner to take on obstructive sleep apnea issues. So, if you are amongst those unfortunate souls that suffer from this problem, this might be your solution.
Buying guide of best CPAP machine 2016
When purchasing a CPAP machine, there are a few things for you to note;
- Adjustable mask: –There are many machines that come with a fixed mask, and after you purchase it, you find that it does not fit your mouthpiece. This in fact is going to end up creating problems for you, and unnecessary adjustments will have to be done. There are also cases that the people had started feeling claustrophobic after using it for a small amount of time. To take care of such problems, it is very necessary to purchase the CPAP machine that comes with adjustable mask. This way, you can disregard the size of your face, and simply purchase the machine due to its versatility in size.
- Ramp feature: -When first timers make use of the CPAP machine, they have a lot of difficulty in tolerating air which is forced into their lungs. So, in order to overcome this problem, they would need to purchase CPAP machines that come with a ramp feature. What the ramp feature does is to control the flow of air pressure. So, when you start using the CPAP machine for the first time, you can start with extremely low air pressure, and get accustomed to it. After a while, there would be a gradual increase to the airflow, and slowly you would reach the prescribed setting. This enables you to fall asleep within a short amount of time without any issues or problems.
- Humidifier: -Many people face problems when air pressure is forced into their lungs due to suffering from dry nose. So, there are various CPAP machines that come with a heated humidifier which can be attached to this particular machine. It reduces the dryness in the air, thereby ensuring that there would be no problems in the intake of air through the machine.
- Full mask feature: -Most CPAP machines come with the optional full mask or half mask feature. So, you have to realize its important first. The full mask feature ensures that it will be able to cover the entirety of your mouth and nose, enabling you to breathe in the air without any problems whatsoever. However, it may be bulky, and can cause you undue amount of stress if you are not accustomed to this feature. The half mask feature ensures that you can cover up only the tip of your nose and your mouth, and it will be less bulky. However, there are chances of air leakage with a prolonged period of use. So, if you are a newbie, a half mask may suit your needs. However, gradually, you would need to swap it for a full mask.
- Noise: -Most of the CPAP models are near silent, but there are going to be issues with clogged air filter which may create some problems. So, ensure that you regularly check the air filter and purchase CPAP machines that have extremely low dB count.
Top CPAP machine reviews
In your haste to purchase CPAP machines, do not try and purchase the first one at your disposal. Instead, have a look at some of the CPAP machine reviews provided below, and take an informed decision likewise.
Made by a branch of Phillips, there is no particular problem to people not associating it with a high quality brand product. Well, this product has been able to meet the challenging demands of this industry, and comes with a wide range of pressure, from 4 to 20 cms.
This is also a product that comes with an external LED, which is accompanied with a data storage capacity. It also makes use of the minimum electrical capability that is available in normal households.
The product comes with a humidifier warranty, which is for a timeframe of two years. However, that is only applicable for the people that live in the United States. This is one of the best-known products of 2016 with a customer review rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
- Fine pressure calibration present within the machine.
- Warranty for two years for the heated humidifier.
- External LED that comes accompanied with keypad data storage.
- Ramp feature included, and comes with a pressure setting of 4.
- Pressure range from 4 to 20 cms.
- Breathing detection, altitude compensation provided.
- Filter foams provided as well.
- Comes at a price tag of $285.00.
It also comes with software that enables you to track the amount of time that you sleep; however, the catch is you would need to download them from the manufacturer’s website.
Although, there is no warranty associated with this product, but it is found to be an exceptional product, what with a wonderful customer rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars. The operational power voltage is between 100 to 240 V, which is the normal power voltage outlet for homes.
- It comes with auto adjusting capabilities in order to increase the comfort of your sleep.
- It has a heated tube humidifier, thereby making breathing very easy and natural.
- Auto heating feature ensures that you do not have to wake up in the middle of the night to fine tune the air being put through the machine.
- Come with a humongous price tag of $ 450.
REMstar Auto with humidifier
The new REMstar Auto CPAP machine with the heated tube humidifier brings forward some of the latest technologies which are available in the market for people suffering from obstructive sleep apnea.
It increases the comfort of your sleeping, and comes with a whole range of functions like A-Flex and the auto adjusting capabilities that can work wonders for you.
Well, the product is one of a kind, and all you need to do is to get the prescription of a doctor and you would be fit enough in order to purchase this product. Well, customers have made this product one of the best CPAP machine by giving it a 4.6 out of 5 stars for the year of 2016.
- Comes with a heated humidifier as well as a tube that can reduce any problems in relation to dry throat or nose.
- Features such as auto adjusting capabilities as well as A-Flex are provided to increase the comfort of the user.
- There is no warranty associated with this product, but happens to be one of the best performers in the market consistently.
When snoring becomes a problem for you, and you are suffering from obstructive sleep apnea, then purchasing products such as the Respironics REDS560HS will definitely help you out.
You would need the prescription of a doctor to purchase this product, and once you do, you would witness the subtle changes in your sleep. Sleep, which would have previously been extremely difficult, is now as smooth as it can be.
The Respironics REDS560HS has the ability to help you optimise the pressure settings according to the needs of the user. It continuously monitors any kind of event that happens when sleeping, and composes them into data that can be used for the long-term success of the patient. A near-perfect rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars is what seems to drive success for this product consistently in various CPAP machine reviews.
- The machine can automatically optimize the pressure settings according to the requirements of the user.
- The continuous monitoring of all activities when sleeping will be done for the patient.
- Memory storage capabilities ensure that compliance of the data and saving it can be achieved without further ado.
- Extremely lightweight, it comes at an astounding total of 0.48 ounces. This is very much beneficial for patients that do not have a lot of experience with such form of machines.
- Comes at a stock price of $474.00 making it a wonderful purchase.
For people that have obstructive sleep apnea, CPAP machines are the only cost effective solution in the horizon. However, it is very important for you to remember to purchase the best CPAP machine lest it ends up creating a problem for you. Every individual deserves a certain amount of sleep on a daily basis or else the entire workplace suffers. Also, individual life takes a backseat if there are sleeping problems. So, purchasing the best CPAP machine ensures that the person will be able to extract a certain amount of sleep on a daily basis. Health wise, purchasing the CPAP machine is the best decision for a person suffering from this condition.