You’re most likely here because you’re having trouble getting to and staying asleep. Sleep deprivation is a major issue in the modern day. You’ve heard of this sleep aid called Alteril and want to know if it will work for you. This is why we have put together this Alteril review for you, by researching the product and gathering customer reviews from across the web.
What is Different About Alteril?
Alteril is an all-natural sleeping aid produced by Biotab Nutraceuticals. There are so many sleeping aids on the market, so it can be difficult to make a decision…
While some products may be effective, they can be harmful to your health without you knowing. Alteril is however made from high quality, natural ingredients that are safe for your health, and not addictive.
Alteril has 3 primary active ingredients: L-Tryptophan, Melatonin and Valerian root, all proven to help you drift off peacefully to sleep and not wake up during the night. When you do wake up during the night, it should be easier to fall back asleep quickly and easily. Then in the morning, you should not feel groggy.
The company claim it will shorten the time to fall asleep, prolong deep sleep, reduce awakenings and will not affect dream stages. It is also pointed out that it does not contain dephenhydramine, an antihistamine drug often found in sleeping aids and cold medicine that people commonly report to result in drowsiness the following day.
Usage – Take the Alteril pill approximately one hour before bed. It is recommended to take 2 pills, but I have seen a number of users say that 1 pill has worked better for them. Please be aware that the amounts listed (i.e. 4mg of melatonin) relate to 1 serving. This means that if you take 2 pills (1 serving), you get 4mg of melatonin total.
I advise trying out the recommended 2 pills and lowering the dosage to 1 pill if necessary.
Alteril comes with a 60-day money back guaranteeand can be bought securely online. A 1-month supply from the recommended retailer costs $49.95, although you can save up to $75 by ordering a 6-month supply ahead of time. As a bonus, you will also receive a herbal tea and a relaxing binaural beats audio CD to help with bed time.
Now, the question on your mind probably is:
We recommended you try it for yourself before judging whether Alteril will work for you. Reading reviews is a great way to get a feel of how a product works, but therapeutic efficacy varies from person to person.
Now let’s look at the 3 active ingredients and determine whether Alteril could be an effective sleep aid.
- L-Tryptophan (200 mg) – This is one of your body’s essential amino acids (the building blocks of proteins). Taking L-Tryptophan in small doses is proven to improve sleep by producing serotonin, which signals your brain the need for sleep. It also produces melatonin (see next ingredient).
- Melatonin (4 mg) – This is a hormone that regulates your natural sleep cycles (a.k.a. your ‘circadian rhythms’ or your body clock). Taken in small doses before bed, it helps get you to sleep and stay asleep. The dosage of 4 mg is adequate and not too much.
- Valerian (40 mg) – Valerian root is a herbal remedy that is proven to have a sedative effect on the brain, without the side effects of typical sleep medications. It is typically taken in higher doses to have the greatest effect, but it should have some effect in conjunction with the other ingredients in Alteril (especially hops; see below).
The 4th main ingredient in Alteril is L-Theanine. This is a non-essential amino acid (meaning the body can produce it normally). Taking L-Theanine as a supplement produces alpha brain waves, reducing stress and giving a deep sense of relaxation akin to meditation.
There are a number of further natural ingredients in the formulation:
- Chamomile – This plant contains the amino acid glycine and helps induce sleep by relaxing the nerves
- Lemon Balm – Helps reduce tension and stress
- Hops – Well known for giving beer its malt flavour, studies have found hops to be an effective sedative when combined with valerian.
- Passion Flower – These plants increase the neurotransmitter GABA, which lowers brain cell activity, leading to a reduction in anxiety.
Overall, this set of ingredients makes Alteril an enticing sleep aid if you have difficulties falling asleep, staying asleep, adjusting your sleep patterns or find that you are restless and wake up in the middle of the night and can’t drift off to sleep again.
There are no complex drugs or over the counter medicines, just natural ingredients. The combinations should work well, such as the valerian root and hops working in tandem for a greater effect.
What are the Side Effects of Alteril?
There won’t be a great danger of side effects due to the natural ingredients in Alteril. That said, you should take note of each ingredient in case you are aware of any personal allergies or adverse reactions to any of them. Some of the listed potential side effects of Alteril are:
- Interaction of alcohol with other medicines (hops flower)
Most of these are quite standard for a sleep aid product, and you shouldn’t let this put you off. It’s always worth testing it out for yourself because everybody reacts differently.
It is important to be cautious however, and you should certainly not exceed your personal recommended Alteril dosage.
Where to Buy Alteril
You can buy Alteril from the official merchant at the following link:
=>>Order Alteril Safely at the Amazon Here (opens in new window)
When you buy Alteril from the official site, you get 2 added bonuses: a deep relaxation tea and a meditative sleep CD. You have the 60-day money-back guarantee so you can return any unused capsules for a full refund if you aren’t satisfied, no questions asked.
Here is the 3-Step process for taking the Alteril System:
- Take your recommended dosage of the Alteril capsules an hour before bed. The formula helps regulate your sleep cycles and prepares your mind for an easier and more restful sleep.
- Drink the relaxation herbal tea. The tea is of course caffeine-free and contains further sleep inducing herbals such as chamomile, lavender, spearmint, lemon verbena and linden.
- Finally, listen to the binaural beat audio CD to coax your brain waves into frequencies associated with sleep. It really works to lull you into a deep, relaxed sleep.
The extra steps are non-essential, so you should get great results from just using the Alteril capsules themselves.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Alteril while pregnant?
-We cannot recommend that you take Alteril while pregnant, or planning a pregnancy. Speak to your health care professional about your specific situation before proceeding.
Can I give Alteril to my children?
-Alteril is not recommended for children.
Is it bad to mix alcohol with Alteril?
-Do not mix Alteril with alcohol or other sleep aids.
Will Alteril work if I have anxiety and/or depression?
-Insomnia can in many cases actually be caused by an anxiety or depression. Alteril is said to help relieve anxiety and depression.
Does Alteril interfere with my dreams?
-No, Alteril does not interrupt your dream stages or cause bad dreams.
Can I drive after taking Alteril?
-Do not drive or operate any heavy machinery after consuming Alteril.